We offer a design service with specialized technicians within the company, capable of designing tanks and firefighting water reserves, tanks for drinking and rainwater, and silos for liquid storage, in strict compliance with current regulations.
The design and construction of a firefighting water tank are regulated by a set of technical standards that we at Rizzotto adhere to meticulously.
In particular, we adhere to the Technical Standards for Constructions, which regulate:
• General safety criteria;
• Guidelines to be used in structural design;
• Characteristics of materials to be used in construction;
• Structural verifications.
Other technical standards that we comply with include:
• UNI EN 1998-1: 2005 “Design of structures for earthquake resistance – General rules”;
• UNI EN 1998-4: 2006 “Design of structures for earthquake resistance – Silos, Tanks, and Pipes”;
• UNI EN 1090-1: (2012) “Execution of steel and aluminum structures – Part 1: Requirements for conformity assessment of structural components”;
• UNI EN 1090-2: (2011) “Execution of steel and aluminum structures – Part 2: Technical requirements for steel structures.”
The careful compliance with current regulations and engineering development aim to ensure that the structure of each water tank or firefighting water reserve can withstand the simultaneous action of external agents that may compromise its stability and functionality.
These potential external events include:
• Snow loads;
• Wind loads.
Each individual case is examined by specialized structural engineers through finite element analysis (FEA), which assesses the possible interactions of these events, combined with the hydrostatic pressure exerted by the water mass contained in the reserve.
Rizzotto water tanks are always provided with adequate and comprehensive documentation, including calculation reports and certifications required by current legislation.
Fire Safety Standards
Below are the main national, European, or international standards to be applied for sizing tanks in terms of water capacity and autonomy. The correct sizing of a firefighting water reserve is achieved through the analysis of the simultaneous firefighting interventions.
The relevant standards include:
• UNI 10779: Firefighting water networks;
• UNI EN 12845:2015 Fixed firefighting installations – Automatic sprinkler systems;
• UNI EN 14816: Fixed firefighting installations – Water spray systems (Deluge) – Design, installation, and maintenance;
• NFPA 22: Standard for Water Tanks;
• NFPA 11: Standard for Low, Medium, and High Expansion Foam Systems;
• NFPA 16: Standard for the installation of Foam Water Sprinkler and Foam Water Spray Systems;
• FM Factory Mutual – Specific requirements.
During the construction of each water tank or firefighting water reserve, a design that considers potential seismic stresses is necessary, as prescribed by specific regulations.
Seismic regulations establish criteria for building structures to prevent damage to people and property in the event of an earthquake and to ensure that the water reserve remains usable even after the earthquake to extinguish any fires.
The updated Technical Standards for Constructions as of 2018 indicate that for each construction, a “specific” reference acceleration must be considered, identified based on the geographical coordinates of the project area, soil characteristics, and the nominal life of the structure.
Rizzotto’s designers assess the context in which the construction will take place, analyzing the geological characteristics of the subsoil and the value of the seismic action for each new installation.
We have always provided our customers with all the necessary documentation to carry out the work in compliance with current regulations. All documents and certifications of each structure are made available to the customer through an innovative platform created by us to offer the best possible efficiency in this field. Through our reserved area, customers can access drawings, calculation reports, safety documents, technical specifications, certificates, and warranties. In doing so, we simplify the management of the numerous required documents, provide customers with quick access to information, and promptly respond to any requests from all parties involved in the construction.